Friday, December 25, 2009

Damn these parasites

No, I'm not referring to hedge fund managers, lawyers or the insidious case-brokers who undermine the Indonesian justice system. I'm talking about, erm, parasites, of the variety that infest Jakarta's fetid water supply.


They are possibly the only social leveller in a city where fancy skyscrapers nestle in among decrepit slums and families live in underpasses while luxury SUVs clog the road above them.


However fortunate you are, the water will still get you, as I have just found out to my intense abdominal discomfort.


That's the long way of saying apologies for the lack of posting in the last few days but I've been down with a nasty stomach bug.


Happy drinking - due to my medication, I won't be.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks Derek - am on the mend now..

    I agree with your comment on the Kampfner post - it is the hypocrisy of the govt that is so riling.

    ReplyDelete